A Safer Road to Tomorrow Coalition is your source for NH infrastructure information. The coalition is comprised of leading local organizations that recognize the importance of a modern, sustainable transportation system. This website will provide you will factual information about our state highway system and other safety initiatives that will protect New Hampshire roads & bridges.
April 29 - New Hampshire Mobility Dashboard Updated
Check out TRIP's updated New Hampshire Mobility Dashboard on our Facts & Resources page to learn all the news on current road & bridge conditions in NH, state & federal transportation funding, and more. According to the reports:
- 9% of NH bridges are rated as poor/structurally deficient
- 37% of NH's major roads are rated as poor/mediocre condition
- Approximately 320,000 full-time jobs in key industries like tourism, retail sales, agriculture, and manufacturing are dependent on the quality, safety, and reliability of the state’s transportation infrastructure network.
March 2021 Issue Now Available - Download Here
- America's Infrastructure Gets C- Grade
- What to Expect from President Biden's Upcoming Infrastructure Plan
- Newly Confirmed U.S. Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg Pushes for Federal Road Usage Fee
- New Minnesota Bill Would Introduce Electric Fuel Tax
New Report Gives America's Infrastructure a C- Grade
On March 3, the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) released its 2021 assessment of America's infrastructure. The assessment, released every four years, grades the country's infrastructure across 17 categories based on condition and funding needs. The group gave America's overall infrastructure a C-, while roads received a D grade and bridges received a C grade. Read more about the assessment in our March 2021 newsletter.